The Cupola is based on patents licensed from UCSF by PrinterPrezz.
- A polycarbonate shield that limits droplet exposure, while being narrow enough to allow for the practitioner to work under and around the device.
- An articulating arm that allows for precise adjustment of the shield to protect the practitioner and customer/patient.
- Available in 2 versions
- Stable weighted base with an adjustable height, to allow the shield to adjust from 30-60″from the floor. Available for order now.
- Clamp for mounting on a nearby surfaces. Coming soon.
- Accessories to attach suction devices to the floor stand are in development.
- UCSF has conducted independent research on the performance of this type of device in an experimental setting.
- Need for alternate ways to reduce exposure of health care providers to pathogens present in a patient’s oral cavity and airways (provider’s protection)
- Reduce dissemination of aerosols produced during dental/surgical procedures, into the surrounding environment (staff and patient’s protection)
The Cupola creates a mechanical barrier around the patient’s head and body (additional layer of protection)
The device includes a face shield anchored to a pole/cart
The Cupola was developed in Dr. Alessandro Villa’s lab, Chief of Oral Medicine at the University of California San Francisco.